- You are here:
- Department of Meteorology
- Radio Elan 2016-04-21 Late in November, just before the UN climate change conference was about to begin in Paris, some of our French speaking scientists got the oppurtunity to answer questions about the climate and environment from a 10-year old student at the Frech Shoool St Louis.
- 2016 EGU Award for Young Scientists 2016-04-21 Joseph A. Sedlar, postdoc at MISU, will receive the 2016 Outstanding Young Scientists Award in the Atmospheric Sciences Division. He will receive his prize at the EGU 2016 General Assembly, which will take place in Vienna on 17–22 April.
- Volvo Environment Prize 2015 2016-04-21 Henning Rodhe, Professor of Chemical Meteorology at MISU, receives the Volvo Environment Prize 2015 for his contributions to the understanding of the world’s atmosphere. His pioneering work explains how gases and particles are transported and deposited and how they affect climate, ecosystems and human health.
Upcoming events at MISU
- 31 May Seminar - Laurent Brodeau - MISU Northern oceanic circulation changes in climate simulations of the 20th and 21st centuries with EC-Earth
- 01 Jun Seminar - David Nerini - Aix-Marseille University, France On the use of Functional Data Analysis (FDA) in descriptive meteorology and oceanography
- 02 Jun Degree project presentations Bachelor students: Sanna, Susanne & Mikael
- 02 Jun Seminar - Malin Ödalen - MISU Maximum drawdown of atmospheric CO2 due to biological uptake in the ocean and the ocean temperature effect
- 03 Jun Degree project presentations Bachelor students: Emma, Carl, Daniela & Max
- 07 Jun Seminar Series - Atmospheric Sciences and Oceanography The UK Earth System modelling project (UKESM) - Colin Jones
- 08 Jun Degree project presentations master students: Zuzana, Pau, Malva & Elzina
- Amplification of Arctic warming by past air pollution reductions in Europe [2016-05-18]
- Black carbon in cloud-water and rain water during monsoon season at a high altitude station in India [2016-04-06]
- Spatial and temporal characteristics of summer precipitation over Central Europe in a suite of high-resolution climate models [2016-03-24]
- On the flow of Atlantic water and temperature anomalies in the Nordic Seas toward the Arctic Ocean [2016-03-17]
- Development and evaluation of a new regional coupled atmosphere-ocean model in the North Sea and Baltic Sea [2016-03-16]
- Impacts of dust reduction on the northward expansion of the African monsoon during the Green Sahara period [2016-03-02]
- The impact of Amazonian deforestation on Amazon basin rainfall [2016-02-24]
- Interaction between turbulent structures and particles in roughened channel [2016-02-12]
- Deglacial Indian monsoon failure and North Atlantic stadials linked by Indian Ocean surface cooling [2016-01-29]
- POLAR LOWER-LATITUDE LINKAGES AND THEIR ROLE IN WEATHER AND CLIMATE PREDICTION [2016-01-21]