- You are here:
- Department of Meteorology
- Radio Elan 2016-04-21 Late in November, just before the UN climate change conference was about to begin in Paris, some of our French speaking scientists got the oppurtunity to answer questions about the climate and environment from a 10-year old student at the Frech Shoool St Louis.
- 2016 EGU Award for Young Scientists 2016-04-21 Joseph A. Sedlar, postdoc at MISU, will receive the 2016 Outstanding Young Scientists Award in the Atmospheric Sciences Division. He will receive his prize at the EGU 2016 General Assembly, which will take place in Vienna on 17–22 April.
- Volvo Environment Prize 2015 2016-04-21 Henning Rodhe, Professor of Chemical Meteorology at MISU, receives the Volvo Environment Prize 2015 for his contributions to the understanding of the world’s atmosphere. His pioneering work explains how gases and particles are transported and deposited and how they affect climate, ecosystems and human health.
Upcoming events at MISU
- 03 May Seminar Series - Atmospheric Sciences and Oceanography Rossby waves and extreme weather - Nili Harnek
- 10 May Seminar - Yair Cohen - Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel TBA
- 12 May Seminar - Robert Graham - AWI, Germany The Norwegian Young Sea Ice Campaign & two Arctic winter states
- 26 May Seminar - Aitor Aldama Campino - MISU TBA
- 02 Jun Degree project presentations Bachelor students
- 02 Jun Seminar - Malin Ödalen - MISU TBA
- 03 Jun Degree project presentations Bachelor students
- Black carbon in cloud-water and rain water during monsoon season at a high altitude station in India [2016-04-06]
- Spatial and temporal characteristics of summer precipitation over Central Europe in a suite of high-resolution climate models [2016-03-24]
- On the flow of Atlantic water and temperature anomalies in the Nordic Seas toward the Arctic Ocean [2016-03-17]
- Development and evaluation of a new regional coupled atmosphere-ocean model in the North Sea and Baltic Sea [2016-03-16]
- Impacts of dust reduction on the northward expansion of the African monsoon during the Green Sahara period [2016-03-02]
- The impact of Amazonian deforestation on Amazon basin rainfall [2016-02-24]
- Interaction between turbulent structures and particles in roughened channel [2016-02-12]
- Deglacial Indian monsoon failure and North Atlantic stadials linked by Indian Ocean surface cooling [2016-01-29]
- POLAR LOWER-LATITUDE LINKAGES AND THEIR ROLE IN WEATHER AND CLIMATE PREDICTION [2016-01-21]
- Scavenging of black carbon in Chilean coastal fogs [2016-01-19]