- You are here:
- Department of Meteorology
- IMI now accepts applications for its visitors fellowship 2014 2014-08-22 Join the research community at Stockholm University, Sweden, to work with leaders in Climate and Earth system sciences in the fields of atmospheric sciences, oceanography, the global water cycle, the cryosphere, global/regional climate and environmental variability and change, or paloeclimatology.
- SWERUS-C3 - first leg is coming to an end 2014-08-18 We just started the engines for the last transit down to Barrow, and so the first leg of this expedition is coming to an end. The last several days we have more or less parked ourselves in the ice north of Barrow. The majority of the research programs on board has been winding down and no more sampling was done. Our meteorology program have however continued as usual; we even managed to perform two transects across the ice edg. We also had an interested mesoscale cyclone pass right over us few days ago.
- SWERUS-C3 work around the clock 2014-08-12 Oden 2014-08-09. After spending over a week under a constant fog, we have experienced binary weather the last few days . either fog or spectacularly clear. The temperature goes up and down between -2C, and ice sticking on everything when it is foggy, or +2C; Not very much variation it may seem, but I can assure you it feels very different.
Upcoming events at MISU
- 26 Aug Seminar - Johann H. Jungclaus - MPI, Germany The PMIP past1000 experiments: integrated analyses of model simulations and reconstructions
- 28 Aug Seminar - Kristoffer Hultgren - MISU The lifecycle of Polar Mesospheric Clouds
- 04 Sep Seminar - Per Pemberton - MISU TBA
- 09 Sep Seminar - Chuixiang Yi - CUNY Queens College, USA Fundamental Issues in Modeling of Atmosphere-Biosphere Interactions
- 18 Sep Seminar - Kristoffer Hultgren - MISU TBA
- Recent sediment dynamics in hadal trenches : Evidence for the influence of higher-frequency (tidal, near-inertial) fluid dynamics [2014-08-20]
- Global emissions of terpenoid VOCs from terrestrial vegetation in the last millennium [2014-08-08]
- Polar Amplification in CCSM4 : Contributions from the Lapse Rate and Surface Albedo Feedbacks [2014-07-30]
- Antarctic Bottom Water production from the Vincennes Bay Polynya, East Antarctica [2014-07-25]
- A Simple Model of the Northeast Pacific Stratocumulus to Cumulus Transition Based on the Climatological Surface Energy Budget [2014-07-09]
- Estimating ventilation time scales using overturning stream functions [2014-07-09]
- Evaluation of ACCMIP simulated fine-mode AOD and its implication for aerosol direct forcing [2014-07-08]
- Multi-year prediction skill of Atlantic hurricane activity in CMIP5 decadal hindcasts [2014-07-08]
- Evaluation of the Interactive Multisensor Snow and Ice Mapping System (IMS) for monitoring sea ice phenology [2014-07-03]
- The effect of the Basset history force on particle clustering in homogeneous and isotropic turbulence [2014-07-01]