- You are here:
- Department of Meteorology
- Vice-Chancellor visiting MISU 2015-09-15 On Tuesday September 15, vice-chancellor Astrid Söderbergh Widding paid a visit to the Department of Meteorology.
- Ett regionalt kärnvapenkrig kan få stora globala konsekvenser på vädret 2015-09-11 I Almedalen i somras presenterade MISUs forskare Gunilla Svensson sin senaste forskning om vad som händer med partiklarna i atmosfären vid ett eventuellt regionalt kärnvapenkrig. Forskningen är ett samarbete med Sveriges Läkare mot Kärnvapen (SLMK).
- Seminar with Honorary Doctor Raymond Pierrehumbert 2015-09-04 MISU has had a honorary doctor three years in a row now! This year it is Halley Professor Raymond Pierrehumbert from Oxford University. The doctors are conferred at the University’s installation and conferment ceremony on 25 September 2015. The same day Professor Pierrehumbert will give a seminar at MISU.
Upcoming events at MISU
- 06 Oct Seminar - Jonny Day - University of Reading, UK Climate variability and prediction in the polar regions
- 07 Oct Seminar - Vigan Mensah - National Taiwan University Evolution of the water masses associated with the Kuroshio from the Luzon Strait to the east of Taiwan
- 08 Oct Physical oceanography a symposium in honor of Peter Lundberg
- 13 Oct Seminar - Felix Pithan - University of Reading, UK Why climate models fail or succeed in the Arctic winter boundary layer
- 14 Oct Licentiate defense - Wing Leung - MISU Large Eddy Simulations of Stratocumulus-Topped Boundary Layers
- 15 Oct Seminar - Jennifer Francis - Rutgers University, US Arctic/Mid-Latitude Linkages: New Evidence, Mechanisms, Metrics, and Emerging Questions
- 16 Oct PhD defense - Marie Kapsch - MISU The atmospheric contribution to Arctic sea-ice variability
- Lagrangian tracing of Sahelian Sudan moisture sources [2015-09-17]
- Warm-air advection, air mass transformation and fog causes rapid ice melt [2015-09-03]
- Finding the Minimum Potential Energy State by Adiabatic Parcel Rearrangements with a Nonlinear Equation of State : An Exact Solution in Polynomial Time [2015-08-27]
- Accurate polynomial expressions for the density and specific volume of seawater using the TEOS-10 standard [2015-08-17]
- Long-term progression and drivers of coastal zoobenthos in a changing system [2015-08-14]
- Evaluation of Near-Surface Variables and the Vertical Structure of the Boundary Layer in CMIP5 Models [2015-08-14]
- A theory-based parameterization for heterogeneous ice nucleation and implications for the simulation of ice processes in atmospheric models [2015-08-13]
- Exact regularized point particle method for multiphase fows in the two-way coupling regime [2015-08-11]
- The Impact of Parameterized Convection on the Simulation of Crop Processes [2015-08-10]
- Earth's Climate Sensitivity : Apparent Inconsistencies in Recent Assessments [2015-08-10]