- You are here:
- Department of Meteorology
- The Swedish National Space Board (Rymdstyrelsen) has decided to fund the MATS satellite 2014-10-22 This is fantastic news for us at MISU and for our partners at Chalmers, at KTH and in Swedish space industry. 15 years after the launch of Odin, MISU now has the scientific responsibility for the next Swedish research satellite. The acronym MATS stands for Mesospheric Airglow/Aerosol Tomography and Spectroscopy. If all work goes as planned, MATS will be launched towards the end of 2017.
- Bolin Centre Summer School 2015 2014-10-20 Join the Bolin Centre’s Summer School on Islay, Scotland, and learn about isotopes in climate research 23-29 August 2015. The topic of the summer school is "Isotopes in Climate and the Earth System".
- Raymond T Pierrehumbert gives a seminar on 7 November 2014-10-17 Professor Raymond T. Pierrehumbert gives a seminar on exoplanet atmospheres with the title “Climate dynamics of exotic exoplanet atmospheres”, on Friday 7 November, at 11.15, in C609. Welcome!
Upcoming events at MISU
- 04 Nov Seminar - David Ferreira - University of Reading, UK Southern Ocean response to Ozone depletion/recovery
- 04 Nov Seminar - Arnaud Czaja - Imperial College, UK The Gulf Stream - Troposphere connection
- 06 Nov Seminar - Igor Polyakov - University of Alaska Fairbanks, USA Oceanic fingerprint on decaying Arctic sea ice
- 06 Nov Seminar - Sara Broomé - MISU TBA
- 07 Nov Seminar - Raymond T. Pierrehumbert - University of Chicago, USA Climate dynamics of exotic exoplanet atmospheres
- 10 Nov Seminar - Paul Zieger - ITM Cloud and aerosol measurements at Åreskutan during CAESAR 2014
- 13 Nov Seminar - Gustav Strandberg - MISU Anthropogenic land-use and climate interactions
- Unexpected impacts of the Tropical Pacific array on reanalysis surface meteorology and heat fluxes [2014-10-17]
- First global observations of the mesospheric potassium layer [2014-10-15]
- Water Mass Transformation in Salinity Temperature Space [2014-10-09]
- Impact of saltwater inflows on phosphorus cycling and eutrophication in the Baltic Sea : a 3D model study [2014-10-07]
- Connecting Bulk Viscosity Measurements to Kinetic Limitations on Attaining Equilibrium for a Model Aerosol Composition [2014-09-25]
- Improved Representation of Marine Stratocumulus Cloud Shortwave Radiative Properties in the CMIP5 Climate Models [2014-09-21]
- Arctic Ocean freshwater composition, pathways and transformations from a passive tracer simulation [2014-09-19]
- Arctic Ocean water mass transformation in S-T coordinates [2014-09-19]
- The Third GABLS Intercomparison Case for Evaluation Studies of Boundary-Layer Models. Part B : Results and Process Understanding [2014-09-19]
- The importance of spring atmospheric conditions for predictions of the Arctic summer sea ice extent [2014-09-17]