- You are here:
- Department of Meteorology
- The Swedish National Space Board visits MISU for a meeting on 5 March 2015-03-05 The Swedish National Space Board, (Rymdstyrelsen), is responsible for national and international activities relating to space and remote sensing, primarily research and development. In 2014 they decided to fund the MISU satellite project MATS.
- Jonas Nycander debates Swedish research and higher education policy on "DN-debatt" 2015-03-02 He argues that the level of knowledge among students is deteriorating: "A university reform is needed to stop the downward spiral".
- New article about the MATS satellite 2015-02-23 The Atmospheric Physics Group at the Department of Meteorology is leading the scientific work on a new Swedish satellite project called MATS. The satellite will be sent up in 2017 and will investigate waves in the atmosphere.
Upcoming events at MISU
- 17 Mar Seminar - Haijun Yang - Peking University, China Understanding Bjerknes compensation in atmosphere and ocean heat transports: insights from a coupled box model
- 31 Mar Seminar - Etienne Pauthenet - MISU TBA
- 07 Apr Seminar - Lars Alm - Aces, Stockholm University TBA
- 09 Apr Seminar - Marie Kapsch - MISU TBA
- 21 Apr Seminar - Jonathan Lilly, Northwest Research Associates, USA TBA
- 23 Apr Seminar - Georgia Sotiropoulou - MISU TBA
- 19 May Seminar - Massimo Bollassina - University of Edinburgh, UK TBA
- Tipping point of a conifer forest ecosystem under severe drought [2015-02-25]
- New Estimates of Variations in Water Flux and Storage over Europe Based on Regional ( Re) Analyses and Multisensor Observations [2015-02-25]
- Comparison of calculated energy flux of internal tides with microstructure measurements [2015-02-23]
- On the equilibration of asymmetric barotropic instability [2015-01-21]
- Improving the multiannual, high-resolution modelling of biogeochemical cycles in the Baltic Sea by using data assimilation [2015-01-20]
- Gravity currents in rotating, wedge-shaped, adverse channels [2015-01-08]
- An alternative view on the role of the beta-effect in the Rossby wave propagation mechanism [2015-01-07]
- Global Calculation of Tidal Energy Conversion into Vertical Normal Modes [2015-01-05]
- Source-related variables for the description of the oceanic carbon system [2014-12-14]
- Technical note : Introduction to MIMICA, a large-eddy simulation solver for cloudy planetary boundary layers [2014-12-14]