- You are here:
- Department of Meteorology
- Jón Egill Kristjánsson 2016-08-19 We are sorry to announce that Professor Jón Egill Kristjánsson, University of Oslo, has passed away in an accident in the Norwegian mountains. Jón Egill was a highly active, competent and internationally respected climate scientist and a very good friend of us at MISU.
- Thin tropical clouds cool the climate 2016-08-17 Thin clouds at about 5 km altitude are more ubiquitous in the tropics than previously thought and they have a substantial cooling effect on climate. This is shown in a recent study by researchers from Stockholm University and the University of Miami published in Nature Communications. The cooling effect of mid-level clouds is currently missing in global climate models.
- Scientific Programmer in Earth System Modelling 2016-08-16 The scientific programmer will support students and scientists at MISU and within the Bolin Centre in the development and application of Earth system and numerical weather prediction (NWP) models. Examples of such models currently used are: EC-EARTH, NorESM, CESM and OpenIFS. Deadline is August 31, 2016.
Upcoming events at MISU
- 25 Aug Seminar - Lina Broman - MISU A first look at the common volume satellite observations of Polar Mesospheric Clouds by Odin OSIRIS tomography and AIM CIPS
- 27 Aug Världsvattenveckan 2016 Tillsammans med vattenmuseum Aquaria uppmärksammar MISU Världsvattenveckan med experiment och föreläsningar. Välkomna!
- 31 Aug Open lecture during World water week 2016 MISU and Aquaria are inviting you to some exciting evening lectures during World water week. There will be two lectures and also the possibility to get some Swedish Fika. The lectures will be held by researchers from Department of Meteorology at Aquaria water museum.
- 26 Sep Nordic Climate PhD conference 2016 for all PhD students working on climate-related subjects affiliated with ResClim/CHESS, the Bolin Centre or the Niels Bohr Institute
- 17 Nov Bolin days 2016 17-18 November.
- 12 Dec AGU Fall meeting 2016 12-16 December.
- Wave and Jet Maintenance in Different Flow Regimes [2016-08-17]
- Circumpolar habitat use in the southern elephant seal : implications for foraging success and population trajectories [2016-08-12]
- An overview of the first decade of Polly(NET) : an emerging network of automated Raman-polarization lidars for continuous aerosol profiling [2016-08-11]
- Observed correlations between aerosol and cloud properties in an Indian Ocean trade cumulus regime [2016-08-09]
- Relationship between low-cloud presence and the amount of overlying aerosols [2016-08-09]
- Combination of Lidar and Model Data for Studying Deep Gravity Wave Propagation [2016-06-29]
- Influence of the Quasi-Biennial Oscillation and Sea Surface Temperature Variability on Downward Wave Coupling in the Northern Hemisphere [2016-06-28]
- On the enigmatic similarity in Greenland delta O-18 between the Oldest and Younger Dryas [2016-06-28]
- Evidence for an ice shelf covering the central Arctic Ocean during the penultimate glaciation [2016-06-23]
- On the flow of Atlantic water and temperature anomalies in the Nordic Seas toward the Arctic Ocean [2016-06-23]