- You are here:
- Department of Meteorology
- MISU scientists investigate gravity waves in the atmosphere over northern Sweden 2013-12-04 As part of an international collaboration called GW-LCYCLE, scientists from MISU are currently performing light detection and ranging (lidar) measurements at Esrange, northern Sweden. The lidar observations complement experiments that are conducted aboard the German research aircraft FALCON. The comprehensive measurement campaign focuses on the excitation and propagation of gravity waves in the atmosphere. Northern Sweden provides excellent opportunities for such studies as the Scandinavian mountains are a prominent source of mountain waves, a particular class of gravity waves.
- King Carl XVI Gustaf's professorship in Environmental Science 2013-12-02 Professor Raymond T Pierrehumbert have been appointed one of the two holders of The professorship 2014/15 in Environmental Science by His Majesty, The King of Sweden. The professorship will be hosted by the Department of Meteorology at Stockholm University.
- Ask swedish experts about climate change (swedish) 2013-09-19 Fråga svenska experter om klimatets förändring
- MISU Library 2013-09-06 The MISU library that was previously located on the 5th floor in the Department of Meteorology has been moved and incorporated into the Geolibrary.
- New rooms for lectures and meetings 2013-08-30 MISU has acquired two new rooms. A larger one for educational purposes (M248) and a smaller one for meetings (M244).
Upcoming events at MISU
- 10 Dec Seminar - Petter Lind - SMHI, Sweden Summer precipitation variability and extremes in the Alp region – results from a cloud resolving model
- 12 Dec Seminar - Magnus Hieronymus - MISU Oceanic budgets of heat, salt and buoyancy
- 17 Dec Seminar - Anna Lewinschal - MISU TBA
- 19 Dec Seminar - Kerstin Hartung - MISU Evaluating atmospheric blocking in the global climate model EC-Earth
- Climate feedback efficiency and synergy [2013-12-03]
- Combined Effect of Glycine and Sea Salt on Aerosol Cloud Droplet Activation Predicted by Molecular Dynamics Simulations [2013-11-28]
- Climate impact of deforestation over South Sudan in a regional climate model [2013-11-26]
- Large-scale circulation associated with moisture intrusions into the Arctic during winter [2013-11-13]
- Consequences of poor representation of Arctic sea-ice albedo and cloud-radiation interactions in the CMIP5 model ensemble [2013-11-13]
- Cloud and boundary layer interactions over the Arctic sea ice in late summer [2013-11-13]
- Inertial instability of intense stratified anticyclones. Part 1. Generalized stability criterion [2013-10-31]
- Pre-LGM Northern Hemisphere ice sheet topography [2013-10-23]
- Transitioning From CRD to CDRD in Bayesian Retrieval of Rainfall From Satellite Passive Microwave Measurements : Part 2. Overcoming Database Profile Selection Ambiguity by Consideration of Meteorological Control on Microphysics [2013-10-17]
- State-dependent climate sensitivity in past warm climates and its implications for future climate projections [2013-09-26]