- You are here:
- Department of Meteorology
- The Swedish National Space Board visits MISU for a meeting on 5 March 2015-03-05 The Swedish National Space Board, (Rymdstyrelsen), is responsible for national and international activities relating to space and remote sensing, primarily research and development. In 2014 they decided to fund the MISU satellite project MATS.
- Jonas Nycander debates Swedish research and higher education policy on "DN-debatt" 2015-03-02 He argues that the level of knowledge among students is deteriorating: "A university reform is needed to stop the downward spiral".
- New article about the MATS satellite 2015-02-23 The Atmospheric Physics Group at the Department of Meteorology is leading the scientific work on a new Swedish satellite project called MATS. The satellite will be sent up in 2017 and will investigate waves in the atmosphere.
Upcoming events at MISU
- 31 Mar Seminar - Etienne Pauthenet - MISU Identification of oceanic structures in the Southern Ocean by analysis of physico-chemical profiles sampled by elephant seals
- 07 Apr Seminar - Lars Alm - Aces, Stockholm University TBA
- 09 Apr Seminar - Marie Kapsch - MISU TBA
- 14 Apr Seminar - Igor Rogachevskii - Ben-Gurion University of Negev, Israel Effects of internal gravity waves on stably stratified atmospheric turbulence
- 16 Apr Seminar - Lynn Harvey - University of Colorado, Boulder, USA TBA
- 21 Apr Seminar - Jonathan Lilly, Northwest Research Associates, USA New directions in oceanographic time series
- 23 Apr Seminar - Georgia Sotiropoulou - MISU TBA
- Tomographic and spectral views on the lifecycle of polar mesospheric clouds from Odin/OSIRIS [2015-03-28]
- The role of aerosol in altering North Atlantic atmospheric circulation in winter and its impact on air quality [2015-03-26]
- Interacting vorticity waves as an instability mechanism for magnetohydrodynamic shear instabilities [2015-03-23]
- A new regional climate model operating at the meso-gamma scale : performance over Europe [2015-03-12]
- Scenario simulations of future salinity and ecological consequences in the Baltic Sea and adjacent North Sea areas-implications for environmental monitoring [2015-03-09]
- Constrained work output of the moist atmospheric heat engine in a warming climate [2015-03-09]
- Tipping point of a conifer forest ecosystem under severe drought [2015-02-25]
- New Estimates of Variations in Water Flux and Storage over Europe Based on Regional ( Re) Analyses and Multisensor Observations [2015-02-25]
- Comparison of calculated energy flux of internal tides with microstructure measurements [2015-02-23]
- On the equilibration of asymmetric barotropic instability [2015-01-21]