- You are here:
- Department of Meteorology
- Climate justice and how Sweden can lead the way 2015-05-22 A successful lecture about climate and Sweden’s role in the climate debate was held by Professor Raymond Pierrehumbert on 11 February. See the recorded lecture here!
- Stockholm Symposium on the Social Cost of Carbon 25-27 May 2015-05-22 Human-caused emission of carbon dioxide poses a grave threat to current and future generations, and one of the most effective ways to deal with the problem is to impose a price on the emission of carbon dioxide by one means or another. This symposium brings together experts working across a spectrum of areas, and seeks in particular to stimulate productive exchanges across the boundaries of physical, biological and social sciences. The meeting is open to the public. Registration is closed, but walk-in attendance is welcome on a space-available basis!
- Professor Pierrehumbert is awarded Honorary Doctor at Stockholm University 2015-04-22 Stockholm University has now chosen this year’s Honorary Doctors, all of whom have contributed in distinctive ways to the University's activities in research and education. MISU has the privilege to host one of Stockholm University Honorary Doctors 2015: Professor Raymond Pierrehumbert, who serves the 2014–15 academic year as a King Carl XVI Gustaf Professor in Environmental Science at MISU. In 2014 Professor Thomas Rossby, who is also affiliated to MISU, was awarded Honorary Doctor at Stockholm University. Both Professors are presently visitng MISU.
Upcoming events at MISU
- 26 May Seminar - Fuqing Zhang - Pennsylvania State University, USA Spontaneous balance adjustment and gravity wave generation from atmospheric jets and fronts - a generalization of the Rossby's geostrophic adjustment theory
- 26 May Seminar - Casimir de Lavergne - LOCEAN, Paris On the consumption of Antarctic Bottom Water in the abyssal ocean
- 28 May Seminar - Kerstin Hartung - MISU Model resolution, physics and atmosphere-ocean interaction – How do they influence atmospheric blocking?
- 29 May Licentiate defense: Jacob Svensson Jacob Svensson defends his licentiate thesis on Friday 29 May, at 13.15, in room C609, Department of Metoerology.
- 01 Jun Thomas Rossby - Graduate School of Oceanography, University of Rhode Island, US TBA
- 02 Jun Seminar - Daniel Ricciuto - U.S. Oak Ridge National Laboratory Environmental Sciences Division Diagnosing anthropogenic influences on the terrestrial carbon cycle using model-data synthesis
- 02 Jun Seminar - Joel Hirsch - NOCS, UK TBA
- Holocene variations of thermocline conditions in the eastern tropical Indian Ocean [2015-05-19]
- Arctic Ocean Water Mass Transformation in S-T Coordinates [2015-05-18]
- Evaluation of the radiation budget with a regional climate model over Europe and inspection of dimming and brightening [2015-05-08]
- Importance of aerosol composition and mixing state for cloud droplet activation over the Arctic pack ice in summer [2015-05-04]
- O that awful deepdown torrent [2015-04-28]
- A new approach to model oxygen dependent benthic phosphate fluxes in the Baltic Sea [2015-04-27]
- Implications of odd oxygen observations by the TIMED/SABER instrument for lower D region ionospheric modeling [2015-04-10]
- Consequences of artificial deepwater ventilation in the Bornholm Basin for oxygen conditions, cod reproduction and benthic biomass - a model study [2015-04-09]
- The Lofoten Vortex of the Nordic Seas [2015-03-30]
- Tomographic and spectral views on the lifecycle of polar mesospheric clouds from Odin/OSIRIS [2015-03-28]