- You are here:
- Department of Meteorology
- Welcome back Gabriele! 2016-09-16 Gabriele is funded by a MISU fellowship, and his research focusses on high-impact extreme weather events in the mid-latitudes. The aim of his work is to improve the understanding of the large-scale drivers of these events, and hence their predictability.
- Jón Egill Kristjánsson 2016-08-19 We are sorry to announce that Professor Jón Egill Kristjánsson, University of Oslo, has passed away in an accident in the Norwegian mountains. Jón Egill was a highly active, competent and internationally respected climate scientist and a very good friend of us at MISU.
- Thin tropical clouds cool the climate 2016-08-17 Thin clouds at about 5 km altitude are more ubiquitous in the tropics than previously thought and they have a substantial cooling effect on climate. This is shown in a recent study by researchers from Stockholm University and the University of Miami published in Nature Communications. The cooling effect of mid-level clouds is currently missing in global climate models.
Upcoming events at MISU
- 29 Sep Seminar - Maartje Sanne Kuilman - MISU A warmer summer polar mesosphere without the winter residual circulation
- 04 Oct Seminar - Paulo Ceppi - University of Reading, Reading UK Clouds and the atmospheric circulation response to warming
- 13 Oct Seminar - Waheed Iqbal - MISU TBA
- 18 Oct Seminar - Carmen Alvarez Castro - LSCE, France Atmospheric dynamics leading to West-European summer heatwaves during the past centuries
- 20 Oct Seminar - Friederike Höpner - MISU TBA
- 27 Oct Seminar - Sara Berglund - MISU TBA
- 17 Nov Bolin days 2016 17-18 November.
- Arctic amplification enhanced by latent energy transport of atmospheric planetary waves [2016-09-12]
- Size-resolved morphological properties of the high Arctic summer aerosol during ASCOS-2008 [2016-08-25]
- Wave and Jet Maintenance in Different Flow Regimes [2016-08-17]
- Circumpolar habitat use in the southern elephant seal : implications for foraging success and population trajectories [2016-08-12]
- An overview of the first decade of Polly(NET) : an emerging network of automated Raman-polarization lidars for continuous aerosol profiling [2016-08-11]
- Observed correlations between aerosol and cloud properties in an Indian Ocean trade cumulus regime [2016-08-09]
- Relationship between low-cloud presence and the amount of overlying aerosols [2016-08-09]
- Combination of Lidar and Model Data for Studying Deep Gravity Wave Propagation [2016-06-29]
- Influence of the Quasi-Biennial Oscillation and Sea Surface Temperature Variability on Downward Wave Coupling in the Northern Hemisphere [2016-06-28]
- On the enigmatic similarity in Greenland delta O-18 between the Oldest and Younger Dryas [2016-06-28]