- You are here:
- Department of Meteorology
- Interview with Michael Tjernström about what might have sparked his own interest in meteorology 2014-09-18 Michael Tjernström, Head of Department, is interviewed about what it was like to be a student at Stockholm university in the 1970s, and an inspiring encounter with professor Bert Brolin.
- King Carl XVI Gustaf Professorship in Environmental Science 2014 2014-09-16 Raymond T Pierrehumbert will serve the 2014–15 academic year as a King Carl XVI Gustaf Professor in Environmental Science at MISU. Raymond T Pierrehumbert is the Louis Block Professor in Geophysical Sciences at the University of Chicago. Professor Pierrehumbert is one of the most internationally prominent and diverse climate scientists with broad knowledge and depth in the atmosphere and climate system dynamics and the carbon cycle.
- Stockholm University Honorary Doctor 2014 2014-09-15 MISU has the privilege to host one of Stockholm University Honorary Doctors 2014. Thomas Rossby, professor at Graduate School of Oceanography, University of Rhode Island, USA, is a famous oceanographer who have been collaborating with people from MISU for many years.
Upcoming events at MISU
- 18 Sep Seminar - Joellen Russell - University of Arizona, USA The role of the ocean in climate: heat and carbon uptake by the Southern Ocean
- 23 Sep Seminar - Jonathan Mitchell - UCLA, USA From Earth to Titan and Beyond
- 23 Sep Seminar - Thomas Rossby - University of Rhode Island, USA On the quantification of Gulf Stream mass and heat transports
- 25 Sep Seminar - Jenny Lindvall - MISU The effects of surface friction and turbulent diffusion on the general circulation
- 02 Oct Seminar- Xiang-Yu Li - MISU TBA
- 03 Oct PhD defense Kristoffer Hultgren Fri 3 Oct, 2014, 10.00-13.00
- 07 Oct Seminar - Quentin Bourgeois - MISU Aerosol transport and distribution: A global modeling study constrained by observations
- The importance of spring atmospheric conditions for predictions of the Arctic summer sea ice extent [2014-09-17]
- Remote sensing of aerosols in the Arctic for an evaluation of global climate model simulations [2014-09-17]
- Surface Energy Exchanges during Pre-monsoon Thunderstorm Activity over a Tropical Station Kharagpur [2014-09-17]
- Single-particle characterization of the high-Arctic summertime aerosol [2014-09-08]
- Seasonal variation of aerosol water uptake and its impact on the direct radiative effect at Ny-Alesund, Svalbard [2014-09-08]
- The complex response of Arctic aerosol to sea-ice retreat [2014-09-08]
- The MAGIC meteoric smoke particle sampler [2014-09-07]
- In-situ detection of noctilucent cloud particles by the Colorado Dust Detectors onboard the PHOCUS sounding rocket [2014-09-07]
- A combined rocket-borne and ground-based study of the sodium layer and charged dust in the upper mesosphere [2014-09-07]
- Detection of meteoric smoke particles in the mesosphere by a rocket-borne mass spectrometer [2014-09-07]