- You are here:
- Department of Meteorology
- Arctic Ocean 2016 2016-11-24 The Swedish icebreaker Oden is going on a research mission to the Arctic again and during the week 23-26 some MISU people, and some others, spent climbing around on Oden in Helsingborg harbor to set up instruments and take part in a one day science workshop and - for those that actually goes on the expedition - to brush up on board safety.
- Stort EU-anslag för att studera arktiska kopplingar till väder och klimat 2016-11-22 Bättre väder- och klimatprognoser inte bara i Arktis utan även i Europa, Asien och Nordamerika är målet för ett nytt tvärvetenskapligt projekt som får 8 miljoner euro från EU:s forsknings- och innovationsprogram Horisont 2020.
- New research grants from The Swedish Research Council (VR) 2016-11-08 The Research Council has taken a decision on research grants in science and engineering. This was publish on November 2, 2016. MISU received one etablishment grant and two project grants. Congratulations to Gabriele Messori, Caroline Leck and Michael Tjernström.
Upcoming events at MISU
- 23 Feb Review Seminar - Lena Frey - MISU Vertical aerosol distribution- comparison between models and observations
- 24 Feb PhD defense - Evelyne Hamacher-Barth - MISU The high Arctic summer aerosol. Size, chemical composition, morphology and evolution over the pack-ice
- 07 Mar Seminar Series - What are they up to in Gothenburg? Daniel Johansson: The role of methane in meeting global climate stabilisation targets
- 14 Mar Seminar - Jun-Ichi Yano - Meteo, France
- 11 May PhD defense - Gustav Strandberg - SMHI TBA
- Lyman-alpha Detector Designed for Rocket Measurements of the Direct Solar Radiation at 121.5 nm [2017-02-14]
- Potassium Doppler-resonance lidar for the study of the mesosphere and lower thermosphere at Arecibo Obsevatory [2017-02-14]
- A DECADE OF SPACEBORNE OBSERVATIONS OF THE ARCTIC ATMOSPHERE : Novel Insights from NASA's AIRS Instrument [2017-02-14]
- Sensitivity of a continental night-time stratocumulus-topped boundary layer to varying environmental conditions [2017-02-12]
- The Circumglobal North American wave pattern and its relation to cold events in eastern North America [2017-01-18]
- Global linkages originating from decadal oceanic variability in the subpolar North Atlantic [2017-01-18]
- How Does Interhemispheric Coupling Contribute to Cool Down the Summer Polar Mesosphere? [2017-01-16]
- Select strengths and biases of models in representing the Arctic winter boundary layer over sea ice : the Larcform 1 single column model intercomparison [2017-01-13]
- Climate policy [2017-01-04]
- Future response of temperature and precipitation to reduced aerosol emissions as compared with increased greenhouse gas concentrations [2016-12-22]