- You are here:
- Department of Meteorology
- Research engineer / instrument technician 2014-11-18 We are looking for a substitute (fulltime or part-time) for a research engineer / instrument technician who is on sick leave. The substitute position is for a time period of 6 months. An extension may become possible. Start date for the position is as soon as possible. Ref.nr. SU FV-3314-14. Application deadline: 2014-12-15.
- New research grants to Rodrigo Caballero and Gunilla Svensson 2014-11-14 Swedish Research Council supports Rodrigo Caballero with 3.4 million for the project “The role of atmospheric moist intrusions in Arctic climate”, and Gunilla Svensson with 3.2 million SEK for the project “The role of surface friction for midlatitude storm climate”, within their general call for Natural and Engineering Sciences 2014. Congratulations!
- PhD defense: Marcus Löfverström 2014-11-10 Marcus Löfverström defends his thesis “On the interaction between ice sheets and the large-scale atmospheric circulation over the last glacial cycle”, on Tuesday 11 November, at 10.00, in Ahlmannsalen, Geovetenskapens hus (Geoscience building). Welcome!
Upcoming events at MISU
- 25 Nov Seminar - Annica Ekman - MISU Large-Eddy Simulation of Arctic Mixed Phase Clouds
- 27 Nov Seminar - Friederike Höpner - MISU Vertical profiles of microphysical and optical particle properties above the northern Indian Ocean during CARDEX 2012
- 02 Dec Seminar - Evelyne Hamacher-Barth - MISU TBA
- 04 Dec Seminar - David Marshall - Oxford University, UK A geometric framework for interpreting and parameterising geostrophic ocean eddies
- 04 Dec Seminar - Alberto Naveira-Garabato - Southampton University, UK TBA
- 09 Dec Seminar - Gabriele Messori - MISU TBA
- 11 Dec Seminar - Malin Ödalen - MISU TBA
- On the glacial and interglacial thermohaline circulation and the associated transports of heat and freshwater [2014-11-20]
- Unexpected impacts of the Tropical Pacific array on reanalysis surface meteorology and heat fluxes [2014-10-17]
- First global observations of the mesospheric potassium layer [2014-10-15]
- Water Mass Transformation in Salinity Temperature Space [2014-10-09]
- Impact of saltwater inflows on phosphorus cycling and eutrophication in the Baltic Sea : a 3D model study [2014-10-07]
- Connecting Bulk Viscosity Measurements to Kinetic Limitations on Attaining Equilibrium for a Model Aerosol Composition [2014-09-25]
- Improved Representation of Marine Stratocumulus Cloud Shortwave Radiative Properties in the CMIP5 Climate Models [2014-09-21]
- Arctic Ocean freshwater composition, pathways and transformations from a passive tracer simulation [2014-09-19]
- Arctic Ocean water mass transformation in S-T coordinates [2014-09-19]
- The Third GABLS Intercomparison Case for Evaluation Studies of Boundary-Layer Models. Part B : Results and Process Understanding [2014-09-19]