- You are here:
- Department of Meteorology
- Research Engineer/Instrument Technician 2016-10-20 As research engineer/instrument technician you will be responsible for the development, manufacturing and testing of measurement instruments for research in the atmosphere and ocean. You will be part of our central workshop. The work as research engineer/instrument technician is based on close collaboration with researchers and engineers at the department and at other organisations. Application deadline: 6 November, 2016.
- New major research grant by Knut and Alice Wallenberg Fundation 2016-10-11 The Knut and Alice Wallenberg Foundation has granted a total of SEK 131 million to research projects at Stockholm University. One of the project is "Arctic Climate across Scales" with professor M. Tjernström at MISU. The projects were considered to be of the highest international level and have the potential to lead to future scientific breakthroughs.
- Inauguration of R/V Electra af Askö 2016-10-10 On October 5, representatives from the Department of Meteorology participated in the Inauguration of Stockholm University new research vessel, nicely organized by the Baltic Sea Centre. Jonas Nycander, head of the Department, gave a short presentation on how we can use the vessel for more oceanographic research in collaboration with other departments.
Upcoming events at MISU
- 03 Nov Seminar - Koen Hendrickx - MISU TBA
- 10 Nov Seminar - Gustav Strandberg - MISU TBA
- 14 Nov Seminarium - Alumn Martin Hedberg Maten och Klimatet
- 16 Nov Seminarium - Alumn Pia Hultgren Maten och Klimatet
- 17 Nov Bolin days 2016 17-18 November.
- 24 Nov Seminar - Sara Broomé - MISU TBA
- 01 Dec Seminar - Lena Frey - MISU TBA
- Analysis of a thermosyphon using a Mandelstam condition [2016-10-28]
- Improving together : better science writing through peer learning [2016-10-26]
- Climatologically significant effects of some approximations in the bulk parameterizations of turbulent air-sea fluxes [2016-10-18]
- The Role of Moist Intrusions in Winter Arctic Warming and Sea Ice Decline [2016-10-18]
- The suppression of Antarctic bottom water formation by melting ice shelves in Prydz Bay [2016-10-10]
- Stationary Wave Reflection as a Mechanism for Zonalizing the Atlantic Winter Jet at the LGM [2016-10-06]
- Ubiquity and impact of thin mid-level clouds in the tropics [2016-10-06]
- Stationary Sea Surface Height Anomalies in Cyclonic Boundary Currents : Conservation of Potential Vorticity and Deviations from Strict Topographic Steering [2016-10-06]
- Sources of Sahelian-Sudan moisture : Insights from a moisture-tracing atmospheric model [2016-10-05]
- Atmospheric conditions during the Arctic Clouds in Summer Experiment (ACSE) : Contrasting open-water and sea-ice surfaces during melt and freeze-up seasons [2016-10-05]