- You are here:
- Department of Meteorology
- Air and Water - A Two Professors Seminar 2015-04-17 Announcement for the “Two Professors Science Forum” at the Bolin Center, on Wednesday 22 April, at 14-16.00. The two Professors will give back-to-back lectures on some of their research for the year, followed by an open discussion over fika.
- 5 open positions at MISU 2015-04-16 The Department of Meteorology invites applications for postdoctoral positions in Dynamic Meteorology and Climate Research, and PhD positions in Dynamic Meteorology, Atmospheric Physics, and Atmospheric Modelling with Stable Water Isotopes. Last application date for all positions is May 5, 2015.
- A memorial article about professor Georg Witt 2015-04-15 Georg Witt was professor in Atmospheric Physics at the Department of Meteorology (MISU). He passed away on July 12, 2014, at the age of 84. A memorial article has now been published in the Journal of Atmospheric and Solar-Terrestrial Physics, which depicts George Witt's scientific life and the development of Atmospheric Physics research at MISU over the past 60 years.
Upcoming events at MISU
- 20 Apr Seminar - Bror Jönsson - Princeton University, USA How is biological production really controlled?
- 21 Apr Seminar - Jonathan Lilly, Northwest Research Associates, USA New directions in oceanographic time series
- 22 Apr Seminar - Benedikt Ehard - German Aerospace Center, Germany Combination of lidar and model data for studying deep gravity wave propagation
- 23 Apr Seminar - Georgia Sotiropoulou - MISU Summer Arctic low-level clouds in IFS model; an evaluation of the cloud scheme
- 28 Apr Seminar - Matthias Gröger - SMHI The marin carbon cycle in the EC-Earth model
- 05 May Seminar - Johan Arnqvist - Uppsala Universitet Mean wind and turbulence conditions over forests
- 07 May Seminar - Lena Frey - MISU TBA
- Implications of odd oxygen observations by the TIMED/SABER instrument for lower D region ionospheric modeling [2015-04-10]
- Consequences of artificial deepwater ventilation in the Bornholm Basin for oxygen conditions, cod reproduction and benthic biomass - a model study [2015-04-09]
- The Lofoten Vortex of the Nordic Seas [2015-03-30]
- Tomographic and spectral views on the lifecycle of polar mesospheric clouds from Odin/OSIRIS [2015-03-28]
- Large-scale dynamics associated with clustering of extratropical cyclones affecting Western Europe [2015-03-27]
- The Turbulent Structure and Diurnal Growth of the Saharan Atmospheric Boundary Layer [2015-03-27]
- On the Generation of Bottom - Trapped Internal Tides [2015-03-27]
- The role of aerosol in altering North Atlantic atmospheric circulation in winter and its impact on air quality [2015-03-26]
- Interacting vorticity waves as an instability mechanism for magnetohydrodynamic shear instabilities [2015-03-23]
- A new regional climate model operating at the meso-gamma scale : performance over Europe [2015-03-12]