- You are here:
- Department of Meteorology
- Arctic Ocean 2016 2016-11-24 The Swedish icebreaker Oden is going on a research mission to the Arctic again and during the week 23-26 some MISU people, and some others, spent climbing around on Oden in Helsingborg harbor to set up instruments and take part in a one day science workshop and - for those that actually goes on the expedition - to brush up on board safety.
- Stort EU-anslag för att studera arktiska kopplingar till väder och klimat 2016-11-22 Bättre väder- och klimatprognoser inte bara i Arktis utan även i Europa, Asien och Nordamerika är målet för ett nytt tvärvetenskapligt projekt som får 8 miljoner euro från EU:s forsknings- och innovationsprogram Horisont 2020.
- New research grants from The Swedish Research Council (VR) 2016-11-08 The Research Council has taken a decision on research grants in science and engineering. This was publish on November 2, 2016. MISU received one etablishment grant and two project grants. Congratulations to Gabriele Messori, Caroline Leck and Michael Tjernström.
Upcoming events at MISU
- 24 Jan Seminar - Daffydd Gwyn Evans - National Oceanography Centre, UK Seasonal cabbeling enables Southern Ocean overturning
- 07 Feb Seminar Series - What are they up to in Gothenburg? Contrasting influence of vegetation change on climates over the Arctic and the Third pole - Deliang Chen
- 24 Feb PhD defense - Evelyne Hamacher-Barth - MISU The high Arctic summer aerosol. Size, chemical composition, morphology and evolution over the pack-ice
- 07 Mar Seminar Series - What are they up to in Gothenburg? Daniel Johansson - Chalmers University of Technology
- The Circumglobal North American wave pattern and its relation to cold events in eastern North America [2017-01-18]
- Global linkages originating from decadal oceanic variability in the subpolar North Atlantic [2017-01-18]
- How Does Interhemispheric Coupling Contribute to Cool Down the Summer Polar Mesosphere? [2017-01-16]
- Select strengths and biases of models in representing the Arctic winter boundary layer over sea ice : the Larcform 1 single column model intercomparison [2017-01-13]
- Climate policy [2017-01-04]
- Future response of temperature and precipitation to reduced aerosol emissions as compared with increased greenhouse gas concentrations [2016-12-22]
- Black carbon solar absorption suppresses turbulence in the atmospheric boundary layer [2016-12-19]
- An analysis of the relaxation oscillations of a nonlinear thermosyphon [2016-12-19]
- The relationship between polar mesospheric clouds and their background atmosphere as observed by Odin-SMR and Odin-OSIRIS [2016-12-14]
- The interaction between sea ice and salinity-dominated ocean circulation : implications for halocline stability and rapid changes of sea ice cover [2016-12-05]