- You are here:
- Department of Meteorology
- 2016 EGU Award for Young Scientists 2015-11-11 Joseph A. Sedlar, postdoc at MISU, will receive the 2016 Outstanding Young Scientists Award in the Atmospheric Sciences Division. He will receive his prize at the EGU 2016 General Assembly, which will take place in Vienna on 17–22 April.
- Volvo Environment Prize 2015 2015-10-29 Henning Rodhe, Professor of Chemical Meteorology at MISU, receives the Volvo Environment Prize 2015 for his contributions to the understanding of the world’s atmosphere. His pioneering work explains how gases and particles are transported and deposited and how they affect climate, ecosystems and human health.
- Seminar with Honorary Doctor Raymond Pierrehumbert 2015-10-29 MISU has had a honorary doctor three years in a row now! This year it is Halley Professor Raymond Pierrehumbert from Oxford University. The doctors are conferred at the University’s installation and conferment ceremony on 25 September 2015. The same day Professor Pierrehumbert will give a seminar at MISU.
Upcoming events at MISU
- 30 Nov Seminar - Erland Källén - ECMWF Research developments and future strategic directions for ECMWF
- 01 Dec Seminar - Lucie Bordois - Laboratoire d'aérologie & CNRM-GAME Internal tide modeling : Hydraulic & Topographic controls
- 03 Dec Seminar - Cian Woods - MISU TBA
- 07 Dec Seminar - Lisa Bengtsson-Sedlar - SMHI, Sweden Atmospheric Convection and Numerical Weather Prediction
- 07 Dec The living science of Henning Rodhe winner of Volvo Environment Prize 2015
- 08 Dec Seminar - Joakim Kjellsson - British Antarctic Survey, UK A Song of Ice and Seawater
- 10 Dec Review Seminar - Aitor Aldama Campino - MISU TBA
- A Southern Indian Ocean database of hydrographic profiles obtained with instrumented elephant seals [2015-11-24]
- The nonlinear equation of state of sea water and the global water mass distribution [2015-11-24]
- High-resolution regional simulation of last glacial maximum climate in Europe [2015-11-24]
- A method for assessing the coastline recession due to the sea level rise by assuming stationary wind-wave climate [2015-11-21]
- Effects of the Asymmetry between Surface and Interior Flow on the Dynamics of a Thermohaline Loop [2015-11-16]
- Particle Velocity and Acceleration in Turbulent Bent Pipe Flows [2015-11-16]
- Defining a Simplified Yet "Realistic" Equation of State for Seawater [2015-11-16]
- Aerosol transport over the Andes from the Amazon Basin to the remote Pacific Ocean : A multiyear CALIOP assessment [2015-10-28]
- Observation of 27 day solar cycles in the production and mesospheric descent of EPP-produced NO [2015-10-28]
- Observation of 27-day solar cycles in mesospheric production and descent of EPP-produced NO [2015-10-27]