- You are here:
- Department of Meteorology
- Latest update from the Arctic Cloud Summer Experiment (ACSE) 2014-07-18 We have now rounded Severnaya Zemlya and entered the Laptev Sea; right now we are "balancing" on the outer edge of the shelf. The route from the Kara Sea to here took us through some pretty sturdy ice and so we lost some time, which we are now trying to catch up on.
- Interview with Emma & Lisa before departure with icebreaker Oden 2014-07-18 On Saturday, July 5 at 17:00 local time, the icebreaker Oden lifted anchor in Tromsöfjord and set course toward the Arctic Ocean. Here you can hear some of the expectations from Emma och Lisa, just before the departure.
- Mobilisation onto Oden 2014-06-11 Many scientists from Stockholm University have spent several weeks packing all the instruments and equipment that will be needed for the expedition to the Arctic this summer. Last week, the mobilisation started and the equipment was taken onboard Oden in Helsingborg.
Upcoming events at MISU
- 21 Aug Seminar - Erik Johansson - MISU TBA
- 26 Aug Seminar - Johann H. Jungclaus - MPI, Germany TBA
- 28 Aug Seminar - Kristoffer Hultgren - MISU TBA
- 04 Sep Seminar - Per Pemberton - MISU TBA
- 09 Sep Seminar - Chuixiang Yi - CUNY Queens College, USA Fundamental Issues in Modeling of Atmosphere-Biosphere Interactions
- Antarctic Bottom Water production from the Vincennes Bay Polynya, East Antarctica [2014-07-25]
- A Simple Model of the Northeast Pacific Stratocumulus to Cumulus Transition Based on the Climatological Surface Energy Budget [2014-07-09]
- Estimating ventilation time scales using overturning stream functions [2014-07-09]
- Evaluation of ACCMIP simulated fine-mode AOD and its implication for aerosol direct forcing [2014-07-08]
- Multi-year prediction skill of Atlantic hurricane activity in CMIP5 decadal hindcasts [2014-07-08]
- Evaluation of the Interactive Multisensor Snow and Ice Mapping System (IMS) for monitoring sea ice phenology [2014-07-03]
- The effect of the Basset history force on particle clustering in homogeneous and isotropic turbulence [2014-07-01]
- Analysis of northern midlatitude noctilucent cloud occurrences using satellite data and modeling [2014-07-01]
- An ERA40-based atmospheric forcing for global ocean circulation models [2014-06-27]
- Coherent structures contributions in fluxes of momentum and heat at two tropical sites during pre-monsoon thunderstorm season [2014-06-24]