- You are here:
- Department of Meteorology
- When diving animals help us observe the oceans 2015-06-18 Seals help gather information on some of the harshest environments on the planet, through the use of miniaturized ocean sensors glued on their fur. The resulting data – gathered from remote, icy seas over the last decade – are now freely available to scientists around the world as part of a new data portal.
- How much drought can a tree take? 2015-06-05 One of our guest researcher Chuixiang "Tree" Yi was recently interviewed by The Environmental Research Web about his latest research. Together with colleagues from the US, Chuixiang "Tree" Yi has looked at tree-ring data and climate records to investigate how much drought todays trees can take, before reaching a tipping point.
- Air and Water - A Two Professors Seminar 2015-04-20 Announcement for the “Two Professors Science Forum” at the Bolin Center, on Wednesday 22 April, at 14-16.00. The two Professors will give back-to-back lectures on some of their research for the year, followed by an open discussion over fika.
Upcoming events at MISU
- 18 Aug Seminar - Andreas Klaocker - University of Tasmania, Australia Wave-turbulence interaction in the Antarctic Circumpolar Current
- 20 Aug Seminar - Etienne Pauthenet - MISU Thermohaline structure of the Southern Ocean
- 24 Sep Docentföreläsning - Fabien Roquet - MISU TBA
- 08 Oct Seminar - Aitor Aldama Campino - MISU TBA
- 13 Oct Seminar - Felix Pithan - University of Reading, UK TBA
- 14 Oct Licentiate defense - Wing Leung - MISU TBA
- 16 Oct PhD defense - Marie Kapsch - MISU TBA
- Large-eddy simulations of an Arctic mixed-phase stratiform cloud observed during ISDAC : sensitivity to moisture aloft, surface fluxes and large-scale forcing [2015-07-28]
- Charge balance for the mesosphere with meteoric dust particles [2015-07-28]
- Potential source regions and processes of aerosol in the summer Arctic [2015-07-28]
- Tomographic retrieval of water vapour and temperature around polar mesospheric clouds using Odin-SMR [2015-06-24]
- On the nonnormal-nonlinear interaction mechanism between counter-propagating Rossby waves [2015-06-05]
- Linearity aspects of the ensemble of data assimilations technique [2015-05-26]
- Geographically coherent patterns of albedo enhancement and suppression associated with aerosol sources and sinks [2015-05-26]
- Holocene variations of thermocline conditions in the eastern tropical Indian Ocean [2015-05-19]
- Arctic Ocean Water Mass Transformation in S-T Coordinates [2015-05-18]
- Evaluation of the radiation budget with a regional climate model over Europe and inspection of dimming and brightening [2015-05-08]