- You are here:
- Department of Meteorology
- Scientific Programmer in Earth System Modelling 2016-07-20 The scientific programmer will support students and scientists at MISU and within the Bolin Centre in the development and application of Earth system and numerical weather prediction (NWP) models. Examples of such models currently used are: EC-EARTH, NorESM, CESM and OpenIFS.
- Welcome Piotr 2016-07-07 Dr. Piotr Kupiszewski is a new employee at MISU and will take part in Arctic Ocean 2016 expedition on an Early Career Scientist grant from the Swedish Polar Research Secretariat.
- Arctic Ocean 2016 2016-06-29 The Swedish icebreaker Oden is going on a research mission to the Arctic again and during the week 23-26 some MISU people, and some others, spent climbing around on Oden in Helsingborg harbor to set up instruments and take part in a one day science workshop and - for those that actually goes on the expedition - to brush up on board safety.
Upcoming events at MISU
- 22 Aug Nordic Meteorological Meeting 2016 Welcome to the 30th Nordic Meteorological Meeting in Stockholm
- 28 Aug Seminar - Lina Broman - MISU TBA
- 13 Sep Seminar - Magnus Hieronymus - SMHI Energy and variance budgets for a double diffusive staircase with implications for heat flux scaling
- 26 Sep Nordic Climate PhD conference 2016 for all PhD students working on climate-related subjects affiliated with ResClim/CHESS, the Bolin Centre or the Niels Bohr Institute
- 17 Nov Bolin days 2016 17-18 November.
- 12 Dec AGU Fall meeting 2016 12-16 December.
- Combination of Lidar and Model Data for Studying Deep Gravity Wave Propagation [2016-06-29]
- Influence of the Quasi-Biennial Oscillation and Sea Surface Temperature Variability on Downward Wave Coupling in the Northern Hemisphere [2016-06-28]
- On the enigmatic similarity in Greenland delta O-18 between the Oldest and Younger Dryas [2016-06-28]
- Evidence for an ice shelf covering the central Arctic Ocean during the penultimate glaciation [2016-06-23]
- On the flow of Atlantic water and temperature anomalies in the Nordic Seas toward the Arctic Ocean [2016-06-23]
- Development and evaluation of a new regional coupled atmosphere-ocean model in the North Sea and Baltic Sea [2016-06-22]
- Regional Arctic sea ice variations as predictor for winter climate conditions [2016-06-20]
- Sensitivity of polar stratospheric cloud formation to changes in water vapour and temperature [2016-06-17]
- Vertical profiles of optical and microphysical particle properties above the northern Indian Ocean during CARDEX 2012 [2016-06-17]
- Enhanced MJO and transition to superrotation in warm climates [2016-06-13]