- You are here:
- Department of Meteorology
- Robert J Charlson gives a seminar on 29 October at 13.00 in Geohuset 2014-10-28 Professor Robert J Charlson gives a seminar with the title “The History of the Science behind the Issue of Global Warming”, on Wednesday 29 October, at 13.00, in Ahlmannsalen, Geohuset. Welcome!
- Broadcast on Vetenskapens Värld (SVT) about extreme weather patterns 2014-10-24 Michael Tjernström, Head of Department, is interviewed about the changing weather patterns globally and what causes it. Is extreme weather like heavy rains, flooding, wild fires and droughts, becoming the new normal?
- The Swedish National Space Board (Rymdstyrelsen) has decided to fund the MATS satellite 2014-10-24 This is fantastic news for us at MISU and for our partners at Chalmers, at KTH and in Swedish space industry. 15 years after the launch of Odin, MISU now has the scientific responsibility for the next Swedish research satellite. The acronym MATS stands for Mesospheric Airglow/Aerosol Tomography and Spectroscopy. If all work goes as planned, MATS will be launched towards the end of 2017.
Upcoming events at MISU
- 03 Nov Seminar -Thorsten Mauritsen - MPI, Hamburg Climate change with an iris effect
- 04 Nov Seminar - David Ferreira - University of Reading, UK Southern Ocean response to Ozone depletion/recovery
- 04 Nov Seminar - Arnaud Czaja - Imperial College, UK The Gulf Stream - Troposphere connection
- 06 Nov Seminar - Igor Polyakov - University of Alaska Fairbanks, USA Oceanic fingerprint on decaying Arctic sea ice
- 06 Nov Seminar - Sara Broomé - MISU Dynamics of the Norwegian Atlantic Slope Current studied using satellite altimetry
- 07 Nov Seminar - Raymond T. Pierrehumbert - University of Chicago, USA Climate dynamics of exotic exoplanet atmospheres
- 10 Nov Seminar - Paul Zieger - ITM Cloud and aerosol measurements at Åreskutan during CAESAR 2014
- Unexpected impacts of the Tropical Pacific array on reanalysis surface meteorology and heat fluxes [2014-10-17]
- First global observations of the mesospheric potassium layer [2014-10-15]
- Water Mass Transformation in Salinity Temperature Space [2014-10-09]
- Impact of saltwater inflows on phosphorus cycling and eutrophication in the Baltic Sea : a 3D model study [2014-10-07]
- Connecting Bulk Viscosity Measurements to Kinetic Limitations on Attaining Equilibrium for a Model Aerosol Composition [2014-09-25]
- Improved Representation of Marine Stratocumulus Cloud Shortwave Radiative Properties in the CMIP5 Climate Models [2014-09-21]
- Arctic Ocean freshwater composition, pathways and transformations from a passive tracer simulation [2014-09-19]
- Arctic Ocean water mass transformation in S-T coordinates [2014-09-19]
- The Third GABLS Intercomparison Case for Evaluation Studies of Boundary-Layer Models. Part B : Results and Process Understanding [2014-09-19]
- The importance of spring atmospheric conditions for predictions of the Arctic summer sea ice extent [2014-09-17]