- You are here:
- Department of Meteorology
- Open lecture about climate: Raymond Pierrehumbert 2015-01-22 Welcome to an open lecture by Professor Raymond T. Pierrehumbert, holder of King Carl XVI Gustaf Professorship in Environmental Science 2014, on 11 February, at 10-11.50, in Aula Magna. Title: "A Big Role for a Small Country - Carbon Dioxine Emissions, Climate Justice and how Sweden can lead the way".
- Climate change debate: 2014 was the warmest year Sweden has experienced 2015-01-07 The last 10-20 years we have experienced increased temperatures in Sweden and globally due to climate change and global warming. 2014 was the warmest year we have had in Sweden since regular forecasts started in the mid 19th century. The average temperature in Sweden 2014 was 6.9 degrees, compared to the normal average annual temperature which is 4.7 degrees. Michael Tjernström, Head of Department, comments this on TV4 Nyheterna.
- The Swedish agricultural policy leads to increased emissions 2014-12-12 Caroline Leck debates the state support for the agricultural sector on "DN-debatt". It contributes to increased emissions instead of sustainability.
Upcoming events at MISU
- 27 Jan Seminar - Jessica Tierney - Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution, USA Past and future rainfall in the Horn of Africa
- 29 Jan Seminar - Kevin Anchukaitis - Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution, USA "Hot" droughts: past, present, and future
- 03 Feb Seminar - Prof. Nili Harnik - Department of Geosciences, Tel Aviv University, Israel Atmospheric jet stream regime transitions and possible implications for weather and climate
- 05 Feb Seminar - Eva Nygren - MISU TBA
- 12 Feb Seminar - Cian Woods - MISU The impacts of intense moisture transport on the deep and marginal sea-ice zones of the Arctic during winter
- 17 Feb Hilde Nesse Tyssøy - University of Bergen, Norway TBA
- On the equilibration of asymmetric barotropic instability [2015-01-21]
- Improving the multiannual, high-resolution modelling of biogeochemical cycles in the Baltic Sea by using data assimilation [2015-01-20]
- Gravity currents in rotating, wedge-shaped, adverse channels [2015-01-08]
- An alternative view on the role of the beta-effect in the Rossby wave propagation mechanism [2015-01-07]
- Global Calculation of Tidal Energy Conversion into Vertical Normal Modes [2015-01-05]
- Source-related variables for the description of the oceanic carbon system [2014-12-14]
- Technical note : Introduction to MIMICA, a large-eddy simulation solver for cloudy planetary boundary layers [2014-12-14]
- The thermodynamic structure of summer Arctic stratocumulus and the dynamic coupling to the surface [2014-12-11]
- Implications of Limited Liquid Water Path on Static Mixing within Arctic Low-Level Clouds [2014-12-11]
- Long-term lidar observations of wintertime gravity wave activity over northern Sweden [2014-12-10]